Sunday, January 19, 2014

It's the Martians!

I was visiting with a family member on our memory care neighborhood when one of our ladies began calling to me. I walked over to see what she needed. She said "who do you think you are waltzing in here without paying?". I apologized and told her I didn't know I needed to pay. So she tells me if I am not going to pay I just need to leave. I apologize again, telling her I don't have any money. I asked how much it cost and if she could put it on my bill. She said it's a dollar, but if you're not going to pay you just need to go on and get out of here while pointing vigorously at the door. I asked if I could pay tomorrow and she reluctantly agreed telling me she would be waiting for $2!

Now for the really funny part....are you ready? I was introducing myself to a new resident telling her I am a friend of her niece Marcia. From behind me I hear the first lady say in a really loud voice "Did you hear what she said? She said she's a Martian!" Well now I know what my Halloween costume is going to be. I love my memory care people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment